Why being social at work matters for interns:
- If showing interest in coworkers is routine, then commonalities will be found.
- If discovering commonalities is the standard, then trust may be nurtured.
- If exhibiting interest is superficial, then fickle allies will vocalize at review time.
- If nurturing affiliations is apparent, then support will be provided with insight.
- If leveraging coworkers’ insightfulness is the norm, then project success will ensue.
Lesson: IF finding commonalities breeds trust and increases insightful guidance, THEN relationships may be leveraged for project & career success. Being social at work matters!