Why being timely matters to interns:
- If reporting to an “early morning or late night” boss cramps beauty sleep, then agreement on work hours is imperative.
- If arriving 5 minutes early is perceived as late, then be 10 minutes early.
- If relishing nightlife is effecting start time, then reassess priorities.
- If apologizing when the discussion permits individual insights, then being late to a meeting won’t be as disruptive.
- If missing deadlines is the norm, then sharpen organization & communication skills.
IF leveraging flextime is a benefit, THEN ensure you demonstrate organizational value by work schedule, meeting, & project punctuality. Being timely matters!