Why treating an intern as an adult Matters:
- If treating interns like children generates a positive reaction, then they will treat you like a parent not a boss.
- If dismissing an intern’s opinion keeps the status quo, then the two-way street becomes one-way and neither of you will grow.
- If micromanagement of interns is rejected, then interns can apply creativity in achieving project results.
- If reprimanding interns in front of others is the norm, the the team will lose respect for you and more mistakes will be made.
- If adjusting your leadership style to individuals is standard practice, then your interns will reap the benefit of a situational leader.
IF treating an intern as an adult Matters to you, THEN you will be viewed as a progressive supervisor who develops their staff and fosters future leaders. Treating an intern as an adult Matters!